Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sad Transformation

One corner of my dining room office. The film canister and hotdogs were dumpster finds. A friend found the ice cream cone on the street.

The kitchen office. I found the Bud Light sign on the street. The art was done by my pal Sean Taggart, who did all the Jerky Boys album covers and promotional material for their movie back in the day.

Head on view of my command center in the dining room office. Protected by Underdog, Popeye and a surfing monkey. And if you're polite, I'll give you some stickers or temporary tattoos.


I've started packing up for the big move to LA. The Savage Monsters Secret Lair is slowly being transformed back into an average house. Just a bit sad. I enjoyed my living space. And originally planned to be here 5-10 years. In the back of my head, I knew it might not happen, so I was careful to not do anything too weird to the house. And, as one of my friends described my house, "it looks like there was a nice family of 4 was living here and you chopped them up and stacked them up like cord wood in the basement. Then you just put all your stuff over their stuff and started living here."

Soon, I'll be out in LA scouting out a new Secret Lair. I've been looking on line a little bit, but it's pretty hard to tell much about the places online. Once I get it all sorted out, I'm sure LA will be good for me.

And, instead of totally focusing on the move and packing, I took on a freelance gig. Normally, I don't do too much freelance, but I'll take on a fun gig when one crosses my path. And I couldn't resist doing an illustration of a litterbug for Las Vegas Weekly. And the art director there is really easy to work with. So I guess I've had a bit of fun in the midst of all the chaos.

1 comment:

Barb Mowery said...

Saw this spam-inspired artwork and thought of you. :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/linzie/sets/72157602417089145/