Saturday, December 29, 2007

From the Past



For some odd reason, I'm obsessed with checking my high school reunion web site. I think it must be a morbid curiosity about what my peers from yesteryear are up to. I was surprised to see what's become of one of my high school friends...

After high school my parent gave me everything, like a business and house. Well, I blew it by getting high on crack and robbing a bank in Kansas. I got caught and went to Federal prison for about 5 years. When I got out of prison, I change a few things (switching to meth) and entered a life of drugs, burglary, theft, and most recently - shooting at the police. The last event (April 2007) was a misunderstanding in Lee's Summit. I did not shoot anyone, but they thought I was trying to shoot them? My gun went off accidentally six times. The real bitch of it, is the State of Missouri is charging me with assault on a law enforcement officer, while the Feds (ATF) are going to charge me with a felon in possession of a firearm? Oh...I also have a few outstanding Burglary warrants (another misunderstanding) to take care of as well.
Long story short, I will probably miss the reunion...unless you can help me with bail? I am good for it...trust me, I 've learned my lesson. Please write me or put money on my book (prison account) so I can buy shampoo and cigarettes. Take care and go Patriots!


Sadly, it's not a joke. It's sort of funny and sad all at once. I was home from college one weekend and my mom had an article about a bank robbery gone awry and asked, "Isn't that one of your friends?" I googled my friends name after I read his post, and several news stories about the more recent incident popped up. I think it shocks me more than anything else. And, makes me think my life and problems really aren't so bad.

No comments: