Saturday, September 16, 2006

FlashForward.....back from Austin


Back from FlashForward, and I'm exhausted. It was a good time, but much of it focused more on Action Scripting than cool animation and design. I guess that's the way it ought to be, though. At the end of the day, Flash is just another tool to create animation and design. And now that the conference is over, it's time to read all the literature they handed out and explore all the links I've gotten. But more importantly, it's time to create more junk.

I wish I would've had more time to explore Austin. As fun as 6th Street is, I'm sure there's much more out there. I snapped a bunch of pics of the stickers and street art in the area. Although I saw some new stickers, I didn't see too much on the street that really excited me.

I did wander into the Alamo Drafthouse and pick up the SUPER HAPPY FUN MONKEY BASH DX GAIDEN dvd. I watched most of it at the airport. Gotta say, I think it was well worth the $15. I finally got to see a couple of episodes of OH! MIKEY, which is apparently available (legally now) on DVD. I'd previously seen it listed on brutallo.com, but no more.

No comments: