Saturday, July 01, 2006

My Moronic Adventures

My plan this morning was to take a walk and go to the ATM, mail some letters and get my hair cut. The first 2 went according to plan. I decided I was probably too sweaty to get a hair cut, so I kept walking. Ended up at the park overlooking Lake Eerie and I sat in the shade and doodled a bit in my sketchbook. And I then continued my meandering. Walked by the skatepark. Saddened to see that there were only 3 or 4 kids there on a Saturday afternoon. The concrete seemed nice and smooth, but it looked like it was kind of a lame layout. And I continued walking. I stopped into an antique mall that caught my eye. Not too much cool stuff there, but I did find an arificial arm for teaching nurses about how to hook up an IV or something like that. It had a blue carrying case and an IV bag with some kind of fluid in it. And it was ONLY $45. I managed to walk out the store without it. I ate at Taco Bell even though there were at least a half a dozen other choices. I continued my trudge home. I passed by a Salvation Army drop box by the Giant Eagle grocery store, and half on the curb, half on the side walk was a nozzle and hose from a gas station. I almost picked it up, but didn't want to carry it all the way home. On the hike, I thought it would be great for work...for the "Creative Refueling Program," then I thought the arm at the antique store would be great for that, too. What a banner day. I cooked up a scheme to drive back to Giant Eagle and pick up a few things I needed, and the gas hose as well. It all went according to plan, except Giant Eagle didn't have the water filters I wanted, so I had to go to Target. Not only did I find the water filters, but I found a tiki on clearance for $35. So I bought it. Why did I do the impulse buy at the department store, when the creepy latex arm (complete with carrying case) was so much more bizarre and interesting? Oh, and I eventually realized that the program is "Creative Recharge," not "Creative Refueling." I still have a gas hose in the trunk of my car.

1 comment:

unkiedev said...

Sounds like one of my weekends, too, though I often bop between a few comic shops and buy comics I don't need...I still eat at taco bell even though I shouldn't.