Monday, June 26, 2006

Prank Posters


At my last job, I worked for a company that did a lot of health-related government grant stuff. Some of the projects were fun, at least in theory...board games and websites teaching kids about the negative effects of drugs, alcohol and tobacco. A lot of the fun was squashed out of the projects (sometimes for good reason, most of the time not), which gave me no end of frustration. One of my diversions was making stuff and putting it up around the office. The "Greatest Gift You Can Give A Bedwetter Is Beer" poster gave me a lot of amusement. One night, it disappeared. A coworker told me that my boss took it down and said that higher ups in the company had complained about it. Possible, but not likely. (He's a whole other story. Or possibly a book.) The "Cannibulemia" poster stayed up for quite awhile. A lady from another department saw it, read it, then said, "Oh, I didn't know we had that project." Never ceases to amaze me what people will believe.

No comments: